A series of mock interviews for engineering and computer science students will be held over three days:
The schedule of interviewers and their affiliations is given in the tables below. Each slot is 50 minutes long. The first half will be conducted as a regular interview. The interviewer will then use the second half to provide you with feedback on your performance, your application, and how to better prepare for future interviews.
This is an invaluable experience for all students, particularly those in co-op or nearing graduation, as it provides the sort of feedback that you will not get in any other venue.
If you wish to participate:
- Review the list of interviewers. Note that we have tagged the interview slots using “chem”, “mech”, “mine”, and/or “comp” to help you find opportunities related to your stream. These tags indicate which students the interviewer has indicated they wish to interview, so you are limited to those in your stream.
- The hyperlinks on the company names (e.g., XPS) will take you to the job posting they have provided. Keep in mind that most companies don’t create a new job posting for this event, they simply re-use a summer student or full-time job posting they have on hand. Don’t read too much into the job requirements. Don’t exclude yourself because you haven’t graduated yet or don’t have all the skills they are requesting — it’s not a real job! The posting is simply there so that the interviewer and interviewee have a common idea of what the “job” they are discussing entails.
- Interview slots will be awarded on a first come, first served basis; however, sign-ups will be staggered into three rounds to give as many students possible the opportunity to have a mock interview:
- Round 1:
Students can sign up for one interview starting at 8am on Monday, January 9, 2023. Because slots are handed out on a first-come basis, you can request a list of slots (e.g., D10,D11,D12) and you will be slotted in based on availability; however, you will only be allocated one interview in the first round.
- Round 2:
Students can sign up for a second interview (or a first, if they didn’t sign up in Round 1) as of 8am on Thursday, January 12, 2023.
- Round 3:
Students can sign up for as many of the remaining interviews as they like beginning 8am on Monday, January 16, 2023. At this point, we just want to ensure that every slot is filled.
- Round 1:
- Interview slots can be reserved by emailing an application to Brent Lievers <email@example.com>. Your application should include (1) your resume and (2) a cover letter as PDF files. Incomplete or incorrect applications will be sent back for revision, so please read and follow these instructions carefully so that delays don’t cost you your preferred slot:
- Clearly indicate in your email subject line the slot number (e.g., “C14”) to which you are applying. Although we will try to keep this list updated, your preferred slot may have already been taken. We recommend listing multiple slots in your preferred order (e.g., “D20, D17, or D35”) wherever possible.
- Generic applications that do not mention the employer specifically are unacceptable and will be sent back for revisions. The cover letter must be tailored to the job posting; at a minimum, it should list the employer name and the job title to which you are applying. If you’re applying for multiple spots at a time, you must include a different cover letter for each unique employer.
- Once we accept your application, you will not have the opportunity to revise it. Please ensure it is correct, complete, and tailored to the position.
- You have not secured an interview until your name appears in the slot on this page.
Please contact Brent if you have any questions.
Most interviews are being held in person; however, some interviews will be conducted remotely (as indicated by the Zoom watermark). If the latter, you will be sent a Zoom invite in advance of the meeting.
Tuesday, January 24, 2023
Hard-Line Solutions (comp/mech) OR Hard-Line Solutions (comp/mech) OR Hard-Line Solutions (comp/mech)
|A1. Pavel Rahovich||A2. Pranil G C||A3. Stephen Irvine||A4. Ankita Devani|
|Brenna Greeenwood & Christina Leader
|A5. Bilimpo Diabri||A6. Solomon Acheampong||A7. Maharshi Bhatt||A8. Yuankui Chen|
|A9. Xi Luo||A10. Marlee Greenwood||A11. Yohann Lohale||A12. John Nwaobi|
Black Rock Engineering (mech)
|A13. Andrew Holt||A14. Mehdi Lakhssassi||A15. Gabriella Evans||A16. Pavel Rahovich|
|Dan O’Connor & Christina Leader
|B1. William Martin||B2. Tyson Carroll||B3. Ethan Vieira|
|B5. Jessica Rudd||B6. John Nwaobi||B7. Rowan Perrott|
|B9. Liam Retty||B10. Jessica Rudd||B11. Mubaraq Olanrewaju|
Technica Mining (mine)
|B13. Xi Luo||B14. Jie Huang||B15. Maharshi Bhatt|
|Mark Peters BESTECH (mech)||B17. Pavel Rahovich||B18. Dawson O’Hara||B19. Brenner Mingorance|
Wednesday, January 25, 2023
City of Greater Sudbury (mech) OR City of Greater Sudbury (chem)
|C1. Samuel Caron||C2. Liam Retty||C3. John Nwaobi||C4. Dhruv Sharma|
|C5. Joshua Kroll||C6. Pavel Rahovich||C7. Georgina Coste-Ramsay||C8. Amar Amar|
Lopes Ltd (mech/mine)
|C9. Amine Naili||C10. Purva Hemendrakumar Patel||C11. Mohammad Nasiri||C12. Ethan Vieira|
|Lee Weitzel BESTECH (mine)||C13. Bilimpo Diabri||C14. Xi Luo||C15. Joseph Boyle||C16. Janaide Fita Mounouna|
Technica Mining (mine)
|C17. Abdulai Jalloh||C18. Bilimpo Diabri||C19. Jackson Miteff||C20. Joseph Boyle|
|Francois Nzotungwanimana & Tanya Swearengen
Ionic Mechatronics (mech)
|D1. Nathaniel Hallett||D2. Malcolm Sheehan||D3. Pavel Rahovich|
|Alicia Levac & Matt Bennison
|D5. William Martin||D6. Pavel Rahovich||D7. Premalkumar Patel|
|Gus Minor & Sidney Shapiro sofvie inc. (comp) OR sofvie inc. (comp) OR sofvie inc. (comp)||D9. Haoyu Huang||D10. Pengyu Wang||D11. Ankita Devani|
Technica Mining (mine)
|D13. Jay Gosai||D14. Yuankui Chen||D15. Sameer Arora|
Thursday, January 26, 2023
|Greg Milks & Elisa Bacik Prospec Steel Fabrication (mech/mine)||E1. Aiden Campbell||E2. Dhruv Sharma||E3. Ahmad Alzahran||E4. Amar Amar|
|Chris Granger & Julie Coffin
|E5. Georgina Coste-Ramsay||E6. Megan Caron||E7. Liam Retty||E8. Samuel Caron|
|Dave Timmermans & Borz Kord
|E9. Liza Wemigwans-Manitowabi||E10. Samuel Caron||E11. Janaide Fita Mounouna||E12. Liam Retty|
J.L. Richards & Associates (mech)
|E13. Evan Lamarche||E14. Malcolm Sheehan||E15. Mathieu Archambault||E16. Mehdi Lakhssassi|
|Rock Carriere & Danielle Stewart
|F1. Jay Gosai||F2. Shaleen Simon George||F3. Jackson Miteff|
Arctic Canadian Diamond Company (mine)
|F5. Janaide Fita Mounouna||F6. Noaga Ouedraogo||F7. Ismael Falah|
Maclean Engineering (comp) OR
Maclean Engineering (mech)
|F9. Stephen Irvine||F10. Darshan Shah||F11. Doran Williams|
|Gus Minor & Sidney Shapiro sofvie inc. (comp) OR sofvie inc. (comp) OR sofvie inc. (comp)||F13. Austin Barrett||F14. Amanbir Kahlon||F15. Augustin Marks de Chabris|
|Alicia Levac & Christopher Wright
|F17. Ahmad Alzahran||F18. Evan Lamarche||F19. Mathieu Archambault|